Saturday, April 16, 2011

Happy Weekend

Dreaming of nice weather...

It's Saturday! What are you up to today? If you're in Chicago, I hope you have a relaxing day planned indoors. My very exciting day will be spent running two research subjects and then looking after a small gaggle of kids. 

(Have I mentioned that, btw? I'm working on a study looking at semantics and sarcasm in children with hearing loss.... Do YOU know a 6-9 year old? Would he/she like to participate??)

Some things to check out:

- I can't get enough of Jim Sullivan's UFO and am in fact listening right now. More info on the album and the eerie backstory here.

- I love these photos.

Cute graphic of how men and women see color. What if you're colorblind, like me?

- Jane Feltes produces NPR's The American Life. Perhaps more importantly, she also writes a very enjoyable beauty column here on the hairpin. She is like the patient older sister you never had in her video tutorials and Q&As, and I promise you will read all her posts and want to be her friend.

- I want this (the deer one). Weird or cute?

Finally, RIP to the World's Oldest Man, Walter Breuning, who passed away today after 114 years. Read this interview on his survival skills (including wearing a hearing aid, because "when you can't hear, you can't do nothin'.")

No comments:

Post a Comment