Monday, February 7, 2011

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

Back in 1989, my elementary school PTO (Arnett C. Lines School, what what!) compiled a book of favorite recipes, and my mom had the foresight to buy extra copies and save them for when her children grew up. I mostly turn to said book for one thing: easy, tried and true, delicious desserts. My absolute favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe is from this book, and it's to die for.

Last Friday, I made a batch (or should I say, made the dough to eat by the spoonful, and then Charlie cooked them). I wanted to include a photo for this post, but..... they're gone already. Every one of them. So, case in point.

I've included the recipe below, altered slightly based on how I personally make them. Bake away!

Lines School Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies:

Ingredients:
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups oatmeal
1 (12 oz) bag dark chocolate chips (I used Ghiradelli)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Cream together the butter, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, salt, baking soda. Mix all ingredients together and fold in chocolate chips and oatmeal. Drop by tablespoons 2 inches apart on a parchment-covered cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Devour in 1-3 days (not really, but maybe).

No comments:

Post a Comment