Saturday, February 12, 2011

Saturday

Charlie, Lucy, and I are starting off our weekend lazily with coffee, the couch, reading, writing, and The Wedding Singer (how amazing is that movie?). We're thinking of the Chicago Auto Show this afternoon, even though it will only make me want to buy a new car when I know I can't...

Last night, we watched It's Kind of a Funny Story. Anyone else see it? I'd wanted to go when it was in theatres, but somehow missed it... anyhow, it was great! Strong recommend. Zach Galifianakis proves himself ever more likeable as a person and capable as both a serious and comedic actor, and I really liked Keir Gilchrist as the main character, Craig (he actually looks like a high school kid!).

Some things from around the interweb lately:

- Adele's new album "21" is streaming in its entirely here on npr. Listen; it's lovely.

- These Nanaimo Bars look aaaamazing.

- Nice new Threadless ad, taped in my hood!

- Every guy should probably read this. Cough cough.

- I want this bag!

- Shout out to Tom Thunder, a professor of mine, for consulting on this wsj article.





P.S. I took the photo above last year on Hilton Head Island, SC. Just reminding all of us midwesterners what warmth and green look like...

No comments:

Post a Comment